Home » , » Downsizing

Downsizing

Written By Unknown on Thursday, January 16, 2014 | 2:08 AM

Sometimes it hits me that we are adding another human being to our small, cozy home in just four months. Whoa baby.

While we certainly can't make our house any larger without considerable money, effort, or and a new set of blueprints, we can make it seem larger by streamlining what we currently have and reducing clutter.

I'm a "keeper" by nature -- I tend to tie my emotional connections and memories to THINGS. Not such a great trait, I suppose, but one that I try to simultaneously embrace/understand and also keep under control.

I saw these questions the other day that really got me thinking.

10 Questions to Help You Declutter

Here are my biggest challenges: number 3, number 5, number 6, number 8.

The items that I can't seem to just toss like everyone else? Cards and letters. Old (now meaningless) photos. Older home decor that "could" be reused. Magazines (my family members are nodding violently at this one).

Having our old mattresses picked up by the Salvation Army the other day was just so easy. It was a great reminder to me that donating items I don't technically need anymore isn't just a thoughtful thing to do, but it is so darn easy. I literally scheduled a pickup in about thirty seconds on the computer on their website. It was wonderfully easy.

I'd love to know ... is clutter something that you struggle with too?
How do you keep it in check?

And all of you other ladies: what is one of your organizing secrets?
I want to be like you. ;)

Less brings joy!


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu