Home » , » My RVA: The Gatsby Afternoon Picnic

My RVA: The Gatsby Afternoon Picnic

Written By Unknown on Sunday, September 14, 2014 | 3:27 PM

Last Sunday I attended the Gatsby Afternoon Picnic here in Richmond, put on by the Art Deco Society of Virginia.
It was the third annual and held at the oh so lovely Wilton House Museum.
I've been wanting to go to this event ever since I heard about the first one but somehow I've always been busy. So I was super excited that I was actually free this year.
I mean, who wouldn't want an excuse to dress up in your 1920's Sunday best and step back in time for an afternoon?
The whole event was fabulous. 
From the costumes, the vendors, the music, the venue, all of it. I met so many lovely, eclectic, fun, interesting and wonderful people. It was such a great afternoon. 
I'm already thinking about doing the Tweed Ride (even though I don't own anything tweed...) and I'm definitely going to the Jazz Age Preservation Ball next year. 
(Another event day I always seem to be busy on... but I'm planning ahead this year)
I'm super excited for that. 
Like... really. I'm already dress shopping.

Anyway, here are some photos from the event! 
Enjoy.

^^and then sometimes your friend steals your camera and insists on taking a few herself^^
//////////

You can also see more on my Facebook page (feel free to tag yourselves!)
And if you're in Richmond be sure to go join the Art Deco Society's Facebook group as well to keep up with all of the fun events!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu