Home » , , » Weekend Girly Time

Weekend Girly Time

Written By Unknown on Monday, August 12, 2013 | 8:37 AM

Ahhh, what a weekend it was!  My girlfriends headed back home yesterday afternoon and I truly felt like I was about to cry.  We had the best time, as is always the case. 

We had the house all to ourselves -- Ian left Friday for the mountains with some guy friends. We could just be extra loud and giggly and girly as we wanted!

As soon as the girls got in Friday, we poured some fun blueberry-cucumber cocktails that I'll be sharing the recipe for soon.  This was easily one of my favorite cocktails I've made all summer.


We had appetizers for dinner and just snacked and chatted until it was way past our bedtime.

The next morning, I put out some cinnamon rolls and fruit before we headed to Freedom Park to take a walk.  It was so warm out, but we always feel better if we do something active.  It justifies the champagne.  We walked for a mile and a half before surrendering to the heat and calling it quits!




We'd planned a bit of shopping for that afternoon ... we hit up Monkees, Vestique, and Petal and then topped off the day with manicures and pedicures at Polished.  I just love this place ... not only is it decorated so swanky, but they serve you drinks while you get gussied up!






When it was time to get ready for dinner, we all got ready in the same room.  What's better than doing your makeup with your girls by your side?!  We sprawled out our makeup on the dresser and beautified together.


Dinner reservations were at 7:00 that night at 5Church in uptown Charlotte, so we parked the car and took the lightrail into the city center and then just walked to the restaurant.


I thought 5Church was delicious!  We absolutely loved the atmosphere and menu.  The 5Church martini was right up my alley -- vanilla vodka, lychee juice, ginger ale, and fresh lychees.  Good gracious, it was tasty.


On the way back to the lightrail after dinner, we decided that the night was too fun to come to an end.  We went to the Epicenter and checked out Bubble Lounge, a new champagne bar.



I loved wearing my new Loft Racerback Jumpsuit ... a little step out of the comfort zone, but it was so fun!  I paired it with BCBGeneration rose gold heels, my new ILY Couture necklace, and an Asos tassel clutch (gift from my sister).

This champagne bar was so much fun and we nabbed the perfect seat on the patio overlooking uptown Charlotte.  We got champagne with St. Germaine ... a favorite combo.





Sunday we enjoyed a French brunch at Georges Brasserie.  I'm still dreaming of those chicken and mushroom crepes!  Oooh la la, they were magnifique.



As sad as I was to see the girls leave, I'm even more excited to plan the next get-together.  There really is nothing like great girlfriends who lift you up, support you, keep you laughing, call you out, hug you hard, and tell you they love you!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu