Home » » Our Trip To The ATL

Our Trip To The ATL

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 | 7:02 AM

Atlanta.  Home of Coca Cola, home of the Braves, home of Outkast.  And temporary home of a really exciting art exhibit -- Frida & Diego: Passion, Politics, and Painting at the High Museum.  I don't know if it was evident from Halloween this year when I dressed as Frida Kahlo, but she is my all-time favorite.  Like, obsessive favorite.

It just so happened that Living Social was running a great deal recently for a 4-star hotel that just happens to be across the street (serendipity, I say!) from the museum.  I asked my sister if she'd be up for a little road trip and we made our way to Atlanta this past Thursday.

The hotel was The Artmore Hotel.  It used to be an apartment complex ... a beautiful one at that!
  


We enjoyed a cocktail from the hotel bar and took it outside to the courtyard since the weather was so beautiful.  Champagne and St. Germain -- our favorite!



The hotel was great and we had a loft-style room.  Downstairs was a living area and a kitchenette, and upstairs was the bedroom and bathroom.






For dinner that night we went to a place I'd been wanting to visit for a long time, Antico Pizza.  This place is BYOB so I put a bottle of red in my purse and we hailed a cab there.  You place your order at a counter, grab a seat at a communal table, and right about then, your pizza is served.  It is amazing how quickly the orders are ready here! 





The pizza we chose had prosciutto, mushrooms, artichokes, and buffalo mozzarella.  It was every bit wonderful -- if not more -- than I expected. 
 


The next morning we walked to the museum and I was positively giddy!
 


The exhibit housed 120+ pieces from Frida Kahlo, her husband Diego Rivera, and photographs of them -- the largest joint exhibit of these two artists to exist.


Laura is such a good sister, she threw caution to the wind and told me that she'd take a photo of me with my very favorite piece of art.  There was a no photography rule and we saw several people getting talked to for taking photos.  This painting, La Columna Rota, is my very favorite piece of Frida Kahlo's and I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I have a photograph with it.
 

I can't believe that I was able to be in the presence of her paintings and see the individual brush strokes ... that is just an indescribable feeling.  It was definitely a weekend to remember!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu