Home » » Simple, Quick Dinner: Chopped Greek Salad

Simple, Quick Dinner: Chopped Greek Salad

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 | 8:42 AM


My husband and I love starting out the week with a really healthy meal. Monday dinners are typically the healthiest meals we eat all week long. I guess it's thinking that if we start out the week as healthy as we can be, then we won't feel as guilty if we splurge a little here and there during the coming days.

Recently, I made a chopped Greek salad that was quite healthy -- and simple, to boot.

On a large platter, I added the following:

+ Black pitted olives
+ Chopped red onion
+ Rinsed canned white beans (I used cannelini)
+ Chopped cucumber
+ Reduced fat feta cheese
+ Lettuce
+ Grilled chicken



The vinaigrette was really easy to make -- equal portions of red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of kosher salt and some oregano. I mixed it right in a small mason jar and shook together to combine.



The chicken marinated a few hours in some Greek salad dressing, and then Ian cooked it on the grill.


Right before we ate, I just chopped up the chicken, drizzled the red wine vinaigrette over all ingredients on the platter, and then combined everything with salad tongs. Simple!


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu