Home » , » Week 31 Pregnancy Journal

Week 31 Pregnancy Journal

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 | 2:44 AM


How Far Along? 31 weeks

Size of Baby: Four navel oranges (16.25 inches). Random. Anyway, baby weighs 3.3 lbs now!

Gender: I sure hope it's still a girl, everything is pink!

Weight Gain: A 2lb gain this week. Up a total of 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight -- but since I lost a few pounds in the first trimester, up 18 pounds total from my lowest pregnancy weight.

Maternity Clothes: It's generally a mix. For example, the sweater above is non-maternity (hope I didn't stretch it out too much!) but I layered it with a black maternity long tank and my Old Navy maternity skinnies.

Nursery: Really, really, really coming together! March will bring about the bedding and drapes, and hopefully we will start getting art on the walls this month as well. 
   
Movement: Yeah, baby. Tons of it. When I lay down at night, if I spend any amount of time on my back, she sort of floats up to the top of my tummy, right around my sternum, and sort of protrudes. It's hilarious. In the mornings, I can distinctly feel which side of me she is resting in.



Symptoms: Dry skin on my hands. Grunting when moving from sitting to standing or standing to sitting. Sensitive and emotional. Burst into loud, angry, crazed tears Sunday night when Ian cut his finger on a glass I accidentally broke and was messing around, not putting pressure on it quickly enough. Obviously it was not a major wound at all, but I couldn't tell, and I wanted him to take it seriously!

I think I got the point across.
I think I scared him, too.

Sleep: We are really loving our new king bed and sleeping well, although a few nights this past week I've woken up in a bit of a sweat. Can't tell if it's due to the new feather comforter or if my hormones are out of whack. After the cut finger story above, maybe it's the latter.

Cravings: Gimme alllllllllll the sweet tea. This is a drink I never really let myself indulge in due to the sugar and calories. Well, now it's all fair game.

What I Miss: Exercising without feeling exhausted afterwards with crazy-bad lower backaches. We went to the gym Saturday morning, and 30 minutes on the treadmill (slowed down to 3.5 and incline of 2.0) felt great while I was doing it, and the whole rest of the day, my back ached like crazy! A girlfriend suggested a warm (not hot) bath, and that really helped me Saturday night with the pain.

Best Moment This Week: Honestly, that warm bath was pretty darn spectacular. It was my first bath during this pregnancy, and I think I'll let myself take a few more. Hot baths are a no-no, but this one was just right. And feeling weightless is pretty darn cool these days.

Looking Forward To: Introducing our daughter to her future BFF, because my best girlfriend Ashley and her husband welcomed their beautiful daughter into the world yesterday!



Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu