Home » , , » Our Babymoon In Florida

Our Babymoon In Florida

Written By Unknown on Thursday, February 27, 2014 | 10:12 AM

Last Wednesday couldn't have started off any better: I received a call from my doctor around 7:30am confirming that my repeat glucose test was normal! This was the very day we were leaving for our Florida babymoon, so I was completely relieved. Had the test results been abnormal, I would have just handled it as best as I could, but it was definitely a joyous moment to know I was in the clear to eat, drink, and be merry on our trip!

As soon as we arrived to the airport, we hit up Starbucks and headed to the gate.


We flew in and out of Miami, but our first destination was Boca Raton -- specifically, the Boca Beach Club. This Waldorf Astoria hotel is located right on the beach and has three pools. The service was impeccable. Another huge plus (and a big reason why we booked in Boca) is that there is a sister Waldorf Astoria hotel just five minutes away, the Boca Raton Resort & Club, and by staying at one, you have access to both. All three days that we were in Boca, we hopped the quick shuttle over to the sister site for meals and the spa.

We took the Tri-Rail train from Miami to Boca Raton. It took about an hour and was less than $20 for both of us, round-trip! It was not the most glamorous ride, but we saved a lot of money (no rental car fees) and also the hassle of having to deal with traffic.

As soon as we arrived to the resort around 3:00, we checked in and suited up to hit the pool! 


Before we left, I purchased my "mommy suit" which is just a tankini top. I also brought some bikinis, but I thought I'd ease the fellow vacationers into the tummy by going with the tankini on day one, HA. 


As a late lunch, we split this amazing Mediterranean bento box poolside. I could eat this type of lunch every single day of my life.


And later we enjoyed some drinks -- a virgin pina colada was my beverage of choice!


We ended each afternoon out at the beach after the sun dropped down behind the hotel.


That evening we headed to the sister resort for dinner at Lucca -- a wonderful Italian restaurant.



BELLY BUTTON. Like whoa.

The marina was right there and the boats were amazing!


Breakfast the next morning was a two-part affair ... a plate full of fruit, fresh OJ, and a wheatgrass shot...


... followed by French toast, sausage, a pastry, and crepes. Not messing around.






I stuck to my virgin pina coladas, but check out the rum floater that the bartender put on Ian's drink!



While we relaxed poolside, I finished reading one book (The Husband's Secret) and started on another (Eleanor & Park). 



That night we had dinner reservations at The Blue, which is on the 27th floor at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. Dinner was fantastic as was the service. Ian had the most delicious looking raw oysters from the raw bar ... oh, how I miss those!


We saw this statue on the way out and he said her profile looked like mine :) I totally have her beat, though.



We spent our last day at the pool before heading over to the spa for 3:00 appointments. 


Ian treated me to the most delightful maternity massage, and the masseuse was amazing. Just by looking at me, she asked me if I was having a girl and if I was seven months along. She was GOOD. Also, she had a bed that had a hole cut out for my tummy. In seven months, I haven't been able to lay on my tummy, so this was divine!

The spa was just breathtaking. This is the room where you wait for them to come pick you up for your appointment.



There was a private pool outside just for spa-goers.


Relaxed and pampered, we cabbed it back to the Tri-Rail and headed down to Miami, where my best friend and college roommate Ashley picked us up and took us to their beautiful home in Coral Gables. We double-dated that night at Bulla and had the most awesome tapas.


The next day we drove to South Beach and had brunch. After some amazing French toast, we walked all over and visited Pier Park. 



We flew back on Saturday, a little more tan and a whole lot more relaxed than when we left. Still to this day we are talking about how wonderful that getaway was. Good for the soul. And the last big hurrah before we are a family of three!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu