Home » , » Weekend, Bulleted.

Weekend, Bulleted.

Written By Unknown on Monday, October 7, 2013 | 7:33 AM

We had a weekend chock-full of fun. And now I'm hurting b-a-d (we'll get to that).

Here's the weekend, bulleted.

Pin It!

+ Friday post-work drinks with best friends at Mellow Mushroom

+ The old standby Friday night dinner on the couch: pizza with pepperoni, black olives, red onion

+ Watched Rush and gained a new perspective on narcotics officers (scary)

+ Saturday morning: first pumpkin spice latte of the season

+ Visited a pumpkin patch with friends and got a cute, bumpy pumpkin

+ Parents came into town for a visit and to see our Halloween decor

+ Mall trip with Mom (always fun)

+ Cookout at the house with friends

+ Stayed up WAY too late, past midnight (yawn)

+ Apple cake (this one) and coffee for breakfast ... a perfect pairing

+ Sunday afternoon Flywheel class - OUCH OUCH OUCH

+ Long Island Medium marathon (hooked. I'm a believer)

+ Hubby-made wings and coleslaw for dinner with Breaking Bad

+ Kindle reading and 10pm lights out

****

Okay, so here's the Flywheel deal. Two of my girlfriends take this class and I've always been too intimidated to join (history: I have taken one spinning class in my life and I walked out of it halfway through which I have NEVER done!). 

en route to Flywheel. nervous.

Yesterday our Flywheel studio hosted a special first-timers only class. It was completely free and only open to those who had never taken the class ... everyone on the same page. They had us to come early and get a studio tour, hooked us up with our clip-in shoes, and gave us help getting on the bikes and adjusted for our comfort. 

This class is NO JOKE. I was sweating and huffing and puffing and going way under the suggested RPMs, and today my buns are so incredibly sore (not as much from the exercise as from the hard seat!). My knees are crazy sore as well. Oh, and all of my other muscles too. I'm hurting bad but it truly was a lot of fun -- a great instructor, a jammin' playlist, and a heck of a workout. Plus they had a leaderboard up at the front of the class so you can see your stats and compete against your fellow spinners.  Very cool.  I'll be back ... after my body heals from yesterday's class!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu