Home » , » Makeup Review (OMG You Need This Eyeshadow)

Makeup Review (OMG You Need This Eyeshadow)

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 | 7:38 AM


Pin It!

On Friday I mentioned that I had a favorite new makeup product ... oh baby, it's a good one.

Between blogs and You Tube makeup tutorials, I'd heard great reviews about the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow. I picked it up at Walmart for $4.97 and gave it a try this past Thursday.


The product comes in a small pot, and a little goes a long way. I have a flat eyeshadow brush that I use to apply it, and then I use a Q-tip to blend out the top line. Sometimes I also just use my finger to apply and smudge it. Both techniques have worked great for me.

After applying, I put on my liquid eyeliner (top lid) and then a few coats of mascara.

Here are some photos taken on Thursday that show how it lasted for me throughout the day. The photos are unfiltered and undoctored but you could probably tell that by the crazy lighting and those wrinkles! ;)




I was shocked to see how well it lasted through the day! Absolutely no settling in the creases of my eye -- which is rare for me. I haven't used an eyeshadow primer at all with this product and it still stays in place so well. It comes off easily when I wash my face -- I use the Andrea moisturizing eye makeup remover pads (here).

The color I purchased, Tough as Taupe, is a matte color, but I have also layered it with a shimmery taupe shadow on top and the Color Tattoo acts as a perfect anchor for the shadow.

I've also experimented with more of a smoky eye look for the weekends, but I didn't take the shadow up too far in the above photos since I was just going to work.

So, all in all, L-O-V-E. There are a lot of different colors to choose from (seen here) and the fact that you can layer them with other shadows really opens up the color possibilities. I think Bad To The Bronze is next on my wishlist, or potentially Audacious Asphalt.

Have you tried this product? I'd love to hear your review!

Pin It!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu