Home » , » Hodges Farm and Pumpkin Patch

Hodges Farm and Pumpkin Patch

Written By Unknown on Thursday, October 10, 2013 | 6:58 AM

This past weekend, Ian and I went with friends and their sweet baby to a local pumpkin patch at Hodges Farm. This was such a lovely way to spend the morning, and with it being only about twenty minutes from our home, it is a must for anyone in or around Charlotte!

The farm had all sorts of sweet animals to meet along with a pumpkin patch, hayrides, pony rides, and other fun activities for kids. 


xyz



They had two very long rows of pumpkins right off the vine. Big, fat, smooth, bumpy, and all hues of orange. I always choose an odd pumpkin -- it's just not my style to go with a "perfect" pumpkin. :)



The morning started off chilly, but my oh my, did we get warm! The day soared up to the 80's ... an easy reminder that we are in the lovely state of North Carolina.





This was actually my very first trip to a pumpkin patch. It only took me 31 years! In past years I've purchased our pumpkins from the grocery store or a farmers market. There is just something so cool about seeing them right there on the very dirt they grew in.

Where did you get your pumpkins as a kid? Church pumpkin lots were our go-to.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu