Home » , » Five On Friday -- Link Up With Us!

Five On Friday -- Link Up With Us!

Written By Unknown on Friday, September 20, 2013 | 4:00 AM

It's Five on Friday time, pretty ladies! As always, I hope you'll join me along with DarciNatasha, and Christina ... playing along is simple. Just write a blog about five things on your mind today, anything goes really, post the logo below on your blog, and then enter your post address below in the link-up section.



O N E
Yay, humanity! I experienced such kindness yesterday at Panera. Definitely one of those "life is good" moments. First, they have a security guy directing traffic now at lunchtime (before him, it was a ZOO) and that just makes life easy. When you pull in, he points at an empty spot for you to go directly towards. So good for pedestrian safety, too. I let him know yesterday how much he is appreciated, and he was just so darn friendly.

Then, standing in line, I was behind a really nice lady who was just treating everyone there like they were her family. Right before her pick-up order was ready, the manager came out with a free cookie for her. So nice to see that. Then, once I received my to-go order and was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw her slow down her car to give that cookie to the security guy directing traffic. It was like my head was exploding from all of the love at Panera! I just wanted to go kiss some kittens!

Choose Happy

T W O
My new candle is perfection. In Charleston this past weekend, Megan and I visited the farmer's market where we saw some locally-made candles. We spent good time at the table but didn't purchase any. Later that afternoon, during lunch at Butcher & Bee, I got in a conversation with a guy whose wife, an artist, used to rent some studio space from the folks that started these Rewined candles. He spoke so highly of this company and all they do to give back to Charleston, and by golly if I didn't leave there and head right back to the farmer's market to pick one up for myself. I got the new scent, Spiked Cider, and it is incredible. Incredible. PS - they are sold all over the US -- check out their website for retail locations in your area.



How It All Started

T H R E E
All I have to say is that these Ciao Bella gelato squares are pure heaven.  Sea salt caramel ... come to mama. Getcha some!


F O U R
For dinner last night, I experimented around with a really autumn-inspired dish. We had roasted butternut squash, apples, and dried cranberries. I based the recipe loosely on this version but added in the cranberries, decreased the amount of honey and butter to 2 tablespoons, and used walnuts instead of pecans. Here it is prior to being roasted and then tossed in the cinnamon honey butter mixture. Yum!



F I V E
This recipe below makes me feel like dancing. I'm going to have to give it a try this season!
Pumpkin fudge

Your turn! If it's your first time linking up with us, please leave a comment and let me know so I can be sure to check your post out. XO!

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu