Home » , , » A Charleston Wedding Weekend

A Charleston Wedding Weekend

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 | 7:32 AM

Ohhh, what a marvelous wedding weekend we had in Charleston, SC!  If you have ever had the pleasure of visiting Charleston, you know firsthand how beautiful and charming it is.  We got into town Friday evening and got settled at our hotel, Charleston Place.  This was such a gorgeous place to stay and it was in walking distance of everything we wanted to do.



That evening we had reservations for a group of ten of us at Rue de Jean, but before our reservations we all grabbed a drink at Closed For Business.  Located on King Street, this little place (introduced to me by my brother in law) has become a favorite stop each time we are in the area.


Saturday was so much fun because I finally (finally!) got to meet and hang out with Megan from Fried Green Pickles!  We hit up the farmers market ... which is so much more than a typical farmers market.  It's huge and also has lots of other great vendors besides the typical produce/meat/flower stands -- paintings, photographs, baby gear, jewelry, candles, pet gear, you name it!  I got a bag of scuppernongs, Megan got some scuppernongs and boiled peanuts.  And if you have never had either, time for you to visit Charleston!  ;)

Ian golfed for the day with the guys in the wedding party, and that afternoon I shopped with Ian's friend's wife on King Street.  We made our way all the way down to Butcher & Bee which was totally worth the trek ... our sandwiches were delicious!  We had a great chat at the communal table with a mother and son who sat across from us. I love that type of seating arrangement for that very reason.


After Ian returned from golfing, he and I headed to the hotel pool and laid outside in the sun for a bit.  We refreshed for the evening and then headed to the Vendue Inn rooftop for a drink before our dinner reservations at Mercato. It was a great Italian restaurant with live jazz, and my gnocchi with short ribs was so tasty.



After dinner, the out of town guests all met up at Blind Tiger.  It had been a really long time since I'd been there -- maybe 2004 -- but it was just the same.  They have an awesome courtyard which was really nice.



Sunday morning, Ian and I got up bright and early and had breakfast at Sweetwater Cafe where I had crunchy French toast -- French toast coated in Frosted Flakes, ya'll!  Oh my goodness, delicious.  We then made the drive out to Sullivan's Island for a little beach time. We spent a few hours in the sun and then walked up to Poe's Tavern to wet our whistle before heading back to the hotel.  Lunch that day was at Pearlz, where we watched part of the Panthers game.


While Ian finished up watching the Panthers game, I headed back to King Street for a second dose of shopping.  Although I tried on some good possibilities, I walked away empty-handed! How crazy.


Kinda having regrets about this Shoshanna dress.  It was majorly on sale, too. And see that blue Lilly on the right? I was sick over the fact that it was too big.  I wanted it to work so badly!


This Amanda Uprichard dress was also one I should have considered a bit more.


Sunday evening was the big event ... the wedding!  Held at Boone Hall Plantation (which you may recognize from The Notebook, The Patriot, or Blake Lively & Ryan Reynold's wedding last summer), this wedding truly was a stunner.


Upon entering, they had lemonade and tea for everyone, as well as fans to keep cool and flip-flops for the ladies.





For the five-minute walk to the reception at the Cotton Dock, I slipped out of my heels and put on the much-appreciated flops!







We had such a marvelous time celebrating the newlyweds and cutting a rug out on the dance floor.  Before heading back home Monday, Ian and I stopped at Hominy Grill for breakfast, which was the perfect ending to the long weekend. See you soon, lovely Charleston!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu