Home » , » Workin' On My Fitness

Workin' On My Fitness

Written By Unknown on Monday, August 19, 2013 | 9:25 AM

Working in a health-related field, you would think that I make workouts a priority every day.  Well -- let's just say that I have a little room for improvement.  Staying healthy overall is a daily goal I strive to meet, but sometimes I find myself in a predicament like I did last Friday ... it was 2pm and my calorie tracker on My Fitness Pal showed that I had 127 calories left to consume to stay under goal for the rest of the day.  Yikes.

Double yikes was that I'd already planned on having copious amounts of red wine and Chinese takeout that evening to soothe a bad day.  So, that happened.  And it was more than 127 calories.

The easiest way to offset that situation would have been to get in a post-work workout, which didn't happen this time around, but it's something that I'm vowing to make a priority this week.

Sexy Arms in just 6 Weeks


Arms are a big priority to me, especially after I stumbled upon some wedding photos last night, reminding me what they are capable of looking like (most certainly different than how they look now).  

I do keep a 5lb and 10lb free weight under the couch for commercial breaks, but I need to improve the frequency on using them.

Arm Toning Exercises


One thing that I truly believe is that a gym membership can make working out easier, but it's not a necessity. There are so many exercises you can do at home using your own body weight as resistance. I need to print out this chart below as a reminder of a 6-minute workout that can be done at home or in a hotel room on a towel while I'm traveling.



So, this week I vow to do the following:
// Do some sort of workout every day, logging any neighborhood walks on my Map My Run app
// Make a concerted effort to eat healthier and log my calories on the My Fitness Pal app
// Always have my water bottle nearby
// Stick to our detox Monday and detox Tuesday schedule (no alcohol these nights)

If you are on My Fitness Pal and want to see what I'm logging for exercise and nutrition, you can find me there under the username April8228.

To keep me accountable, I'll share my week's progress on Friday's 5 On Friday post.  Feel free to join along!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu