Home » » Peel Much?

Peel Much?

Written By Unknown on Thursday, August 29, 2013 | 6:23 AM

Saturday night I was out to dinner with Ian when I started telling him how excited I was about my Sunday afternoon appointment at my favorite spa.  Ballantyne Resort here in Charlotte is unlike your traditional day spa and more like a full destination spa!  

After hearing about my plans to visit the gym, the pool, the sauna, the steamroom, and then get my hour-long facial ... he was sold.  He wanted in too! We called the spa right then around 10pm and left a message asking for an appointment for Ian for the same time as me.  Luckily, he got a call the next morning confirming an appointment for a hot stone massage (easily my favorite kind of massage).


The best thing about this spa is that they encourage you to come as early as you want before your service and stay as late as you'd like in order to take advantages of the spa amenities.  Done!  We headed there around 11:00 in the morning for our 2:00 appointments.  We had a great workout followed by lots of pool time, and then we headed to our respective locker rooms to do the rest of our pampering before our services.

I chose the Deep Pore Cleansing Facial this time which is a mild peel.  My aesthetician Allie was great, and she introduced me to an organic product line called Eminence that I'm interested in checking out further.  She showed me this Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant which sprinkles on like a powder -- you can add it to your facewash for extra exfoliating action.

This was my first time of having a peel at a spa, and I really enjoyed it.  The products tingle on your skin when applied, which is how you know they are activated and working.  The next day, Monday, my skin was a bit tight feeling but with no peeling.  I've experienced very mild peeling with this treatment, with the majority happening on Wednesday and Thursday (today).  They sent me home with a package of products to use for several days after the peel.


As I get older, I would love to schedule these peels more often.  For any local Charlotte readers, through August the spa is running a special where this facial (normally $150) is reduced to $95 if you book Sunday-Thursday.  

Do you do at-home peels or spa peels?  
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu