Home » , , » Cocktail Recipe: Muddled Strawberry Vodka Fizz

Cocktail Recipe: Muddled Strawberry Vodka Fizz

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 | 5:38 AM

Ya'll know how I do ... Friday evenings are for cocktails.

And this past Friday night I might just have outdone myself!

Pin It!

The name of the game this time around was: work with what you've got in the fridge.  So I came home from work, took a quick inventory of the refrigerator contents, and then the cocktail lightbulb went off. Ding! Ding!

St. Germain is a classically yummy ingredient for me, and vodka will always win out over gin, rum, or bourbon in my book.  


I am no tough guy so I do like to cut it with a fizzy non-alcoholic mixer (grapefruit Perrier in this case), and some chopped strawberries muddled in the glass added the perfect end-of-summer taste.




I started off by dicing the strawberries (one per glass) on a cutting board, adding the pieces to a lowball glass, and muddling it gently in the glass.


Once well muddled, I added a shot each of the two liquors and then topped off with the grapefruit Perrier up to the rim.  Add a few ice cubes and give it a stir!


Um, DELISH.  I made one for me, Ian walked in from the garage and I offered him a sip, and he immediately asked me to recreate one for him.  It may look a bit girly but it's not sweet enough to scare off a manly man!
   

Bottoms up, ladies!

PS: Those drink stirrers are from our honeymoon resort  :)

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Support : Copyright © 2014. Urok Raimu